The Self Storage Association of Ohio
At latest count, there are 1,435 primary self storage facilities in the State of Ohio (plus another 404 remote self storage locations), making it the 4th largest state in our whole industry. The national SSA already has 76 direct-member companies in Ohio and annually we hear from many others asking if there is a state association they can participate in and/or join. The Ohio Association is an official subsidiary of the national SSA and is overseen by the SSA Board of Directors via an Ohio Owner-Operator Advisory Board.
Our purposes are to:
- Promote a Code of Ethics that encourages good business practices and customer service.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter to keep members and their staff current on industry issues.
- Conduct advocacy and lobbying activities within Ohio.
- Conduct of an Annual Educational Seminar/ Convention that brings together Ohio owner/operators to share information and learn from the industry's top experts.
- Function as the industry's VOICE to promote self storage, to defend your rights as independent business owners, and to promote the interests of OHSSA members.
- Promulgate recommended procedures such as the Model Occupancy Agreement, Auction, Decedents' Estate and Bankruptcy procedures, Late Fees and Delinquent Payment Plans.
- Function as the industry's VOICE to promote self storage, to defend your rights as independent business persons and to represent the interests of the SSA of Ohio whenever we can!
- Support, communicate and cooperate with the national Self Storage Association (SSA) and other state associations.
YOU ARE INVITED!
The Advisory Board of the Self Storage Association of Ohio invites you to join with other Ohio self storage owners/operators to become a part of the association that represents your views.